Just learned of a painter named Hilma Klint. It's intriguing to discover a new artist with a unique style that is a woman. It is also an interesting correlation to find that she began experimenting with abstract painting after she experimented with contacting the dead. For now, I'd like to show you just a few of her pieces and will ask you what decade you think she was born in and why. No cheating!
Art Struggles. A few pieces I am working on. One is a portrait for the husband of the person that I recently completed a portrait for. I am attempting to paint a background that includes the Bridal Falls at Yosemite because one of the photos she sent me of him was at this location, but it was a photo of him at a much younger age. The portrait portion is from a more recent photo. I'm also adding in a Northern Goshawk, which is one of the birds known to be seen in this area, and I enjoy adding birds and other wildlife to represent the spirit of the individual (I think that is what I am doing?). The other paintings are ones in progress. I ruined the eye in one painting and have applied some watercolor ground to see if I can save the painting, which is almost completed, except for the field next to the figure.












Comments
Post a Comment