Here is something I painted today. The reference was not that clear, especially of the horse. But it was a simple illustration and I was in the mood for something easy. As often is the case I should have stopped a little earlier on certain features, such as the girl's face (it had a much more dreamy interesting expression earlier.... but it could be even worse!
Art Struggles. A few pieces I am working on. One is a portrait for the husband of the person that I recently completed a portrait for. I am attempting to paint a background that includes the Bridal Falls at Yosemite because one of the photos she sent me of him was at this location, but it was a photo of him at a much younger age. The portrait portion is from a more recent photo. I'm also adding in a Northern Goshawk, which is one of the birds known to be seen in this area, and I enjoy adding birds and other wildlife to represent the spirit of the individual (I think that is what I am doing?). The other paintings are ones in progress. I ruined the eye in one painting and have applied some watercolor ground to see if I can save the painting, which is almost completed, except for the field next to the figure.

Comments
Post a Comment